Monarc Subfascial Hammock
*Note this does not cure a different type of incontinence called unstable bladder or all patients.
Stress incontinence occurs because weakened tissues around and
beneath the urethra allow it to move excessively when you cough or
sneeze. The Monarc procedure works by placing a small medical
mesh beneath the urethra to prevent it from moving excessively when
you cough or sneeze.
Additional details of the Monarc:
- Requires two 1/8 inch long and one ½ inch long incision.
- Same day discharge from the hospital.
- Most patients require no pain medicine.
- After the procedure, most patients have immediate continence.*
- Avoids entering the abdominal cavity, decreasing chances of serious complications.
- High success rate of about 95%.
- In summary, for most patients this is a minimally invasive procedure, with minimal discomfort and minimal recovery,
- with immediate results and high satisfaction rates.
- Ask your physician for a brochure or more details.
Back to Procedures